- 1. We will respect your right to privacy and confidentiality. We will not disclose any identifying personal information without your consent or unless required to do so by law.
NOTE however that:
- a. Our staff may be required to make a report or take other action if they form the view that you may imminently commit a serious offence, inflict serious harm on yourself or inflict serious harm on another person; and
- b. Under Queensland law, any adult who reasonably believes (or should reasonably believe) that a child is being or has been the victim of a child sexual offence must report it to the police.
- 2. This advice service is provided free of charge.
- 3. This advice service, does not create an ongoing lawyer/client relationship, or include representation in any legal action.
- 4. It is at the discretion of the attending lawyer as to what level of advice and/or assistance is provided in relation to any matter.
- 5. Your matter may be subject to time limits for any claim.
- 6. The service reserves the right to refuse advice on any matter which, in the view of the attending lawyer, is not within the scope of the Wide Bay Burnett Community Legal Service objectives.
- 7. This service makes every effort to keep information up to date and accurate, however information is liable to change and this office will not be held responsible for any such change.
- 8. The service is required to keep any material arising from your matter for a minimum of 7 years after which time all material will be destroyed unless you instruct otherwise. This does not apply to any original material belonging to you which would be returned for your safekeeping.
- 9. We are required to provide de-identified statistical information about our service activities to our funding bodies.
- 10. We may prepare and publish a de-identified case study based on your matter to demonstrate the work of community legal centres.
- 11. You have the right to complain if you are unhappy with any aspect of the service. Correspondence can be directed to the Principal Solicitor of the Wide Bay Burnett Community Legal Service.